- Conversation Club Teaching Children With Autism Spectrum Disorderwas $45.00 Special Price $40.50Conversation Club is the first curriculum of its kind designed specifically for elementary-age students with high-functioning autism (HFA) and other social cognitive challenges to provide a comprehensive instructional framework for teaching both the “how” and “why” of conversation. The Conversation Club helps instructors guide children through the rudiments of conversation by introducing them to a clubhouse filled with a kid-friendly cast of club members, including Friendly Freddy (the president of the Club); the twins, Looking Louie and Listening Lisa; Fix It Farrah; Good Memory Maria; New Words Nate; and the club mascot, Paco the Parrot. Club meetings are specially designed to facilitate thinking about the social significance underlying each conversation skill. Conversation goal areas include conversation initiation and topic selection, topic maintenance, perspective taking, and social motivation, environmental awareness and body readiness, active listening behaviors, gaining attention behaviors, and conversation repair. Learn More
- Out and Aboutwas $21.95 Special Price $19.76
Go out and about with ease!
This short, to-the-point resource, sure be used repeatedly by parents and educators, focuses on everyday events and how to support individuals with ASD to be active participants in the world around them. Created as a "blueprint," the framework lists 10 areas that have been identified in best practice as effective supports for children with an autism spectrum disorder. The individualized blueprint will become second nature to its users as they become more familiar with the support the child needs and, therefore, serve as an indispensable tool in everyday life.Learn More
- My Sensory Bookwas $21.95 Special Price $19.76
Children who understand their sensory systems have fewer behavior challenges!
At least 90% of children with autism spectrum disorder experience sensory challenges. This workbook designed to help children develop a clearer understanding of their sensory systems and the impact sensory input has on their emotions. This interactive, highly-engaging workbook cis useful in helping children understand the triggers for their strong emotions and use interventions that may help them cope more effectively with the world around them.Learn More
- My New Schoolwas $19.95 Special Price $17.96
An interactive book that makes the move to a new school smoother!
Independent Publisher Book Award Winner!
For many students with autism spectrum disorder, even relatively minor changes to daily routines and schedules are overwhelming; imagine how traumatic moving to a new school would be! This interactive book is addressed directly to the student and takes a practical approach to this anxiety-provoking subject by acknowledging the difficulties transferring to a new school can bring and engaging the students in a series of proactive activities designed to lessen fears by resulting in tangible steps to take, to-do lists, checklists, etc. This book is sure to make the transition smoother. Foreword by Brenda Smith Myles, PhD.Learn More
- Life and Lovewas $21.95 Special Price $19.76
An autistic person offers solid information on living a fullfilling and productive life and love!
Written by an adult with autism for adults on the spectrum and those who love and support them, this book is divided into two sections: life and love. In the life section, the author suggests concrete ways to deal with some of the issues and problems faced by those on the autism spectrum, including hsensory issues, maintaining a home, and managing a career. In the love section, the author includes a broad spectrum of suggestions for different types of relationships and weaves these together with the core concept of self-esteem.Learn More
- Lesson Plan a la Cartewas $21.95 Special Price $19.76
Lesson Plan a la Carte Integrated Planning for Students With Special Needs
Lesson Plan a la Carte guides teachers, clinicians and administrators through a simple, step-by-step process to create lessons that addresses the social, environmental and communication challenges that often block students' access to academics and other learning. As the slim, 90-page volume indicates, the authors don't want to add more work to educators' already busy day. The book makes an educator's existing workload easier to manage by helping them create well-designed lesson plans that bring together learning objectives, supports and modifications students need in the classroom. Guided instructions are printed on all template forms.Learn More
- Learners on the Autism Spectrumwas $85.95 Special Price $77.36
This popular resource has been updated and expanded!
Autism Society Literary Award Winner!
The second edition of this highly popular textbook has been updated and expanded with focus on perspectives of evidence-based practice, and advancements in the field of ASD. This book has highlighted the new directions of research, training, and practice that are essential to enhancing one's understanding of ASD. This much-anticipated second edition also includes a new chapter on emotional regulation, highlighting the neuroscience, instruction, visual supports and supports for self-management. With fresh, new perspectives, educators and caregivers are sure to get the information they need to increase autism awareness.Learn More
- Learn to Move, Moving Up!was $34.95 Special Price $31.46
Sensory, play-based and literacy instruction -- all in one!
Using the same easy-to-use format as her first book, Learn to Move, Move to Learn, Brack brings us a series of effective sensory-based activities for older school-aged children! These literacy-rich lesson plans include specially designed curriculum suggestions and underscore how activities can be adapted to meet state and national standards. The book also contains assessment and evaluation considerations, including a reproducible Teacher Observation Checklist.Learn More
- Learn to Move, Move to Learn!was $34.95 Special Price $31.46
Sensory, Play-based and Instructional -- all in one!
Jam-packed with creative theme-based group lessons, this motivating, instructional curriculum follows a developmental sequence. Detailed lesson plans with multiple activities for each theme are included in this book. Instructional goals are included in this comprehensive resource.Learn More
- Intimate Relationships and Sexual Healthwas $29.95 Special Price $26.96
Keep your student safe and informed. It is essential that all people, including those on the spectrum understand sexuality.
This comprehensive, well-researched curriculum fills a long-felt need in the autism community; a frank, up-to-date resource on sexuality tailored to the unique characteristics of high-functioning adolescents and adults with ASD. Using evidence-based practices, the authors present "all you ever wanted to know but were afraid to ask/teach", taking into the consideration the autistic learning style. The curriculum comes complete with lessons, activities, downloadable handouts, resources, and more. All the handouts are created for easy duplication and individualization.Learn More