- Conversation Club Teaching Children With Autism Spectrum Disorderwas $45.00 Special Price $40.50Conversation Club is the first curriculum of its kind designed specifically for elementary-age students with high-functioning autism (HFA) and other social cognitive challenges to provide a comprehensive instructional framework for teaching both the “how” and “why” of conversation. The Conversation Club helps instructors guide children through the rudiments of conversation by introducing them to a clubhouse filled with a kid-friendly cast of club members, including Friendly Freddy (the president of the Club); the twins, Looking Louie and Listening Lisa; Fix It Farrah; Good Memory Maria; New Words Nate; and the club mascot, Paco the Parrot. Club meetings are specially designed to facilitate thinking about the social significance underlying each conversation skill. Conversation goal areas include conversation initiation and topic selection, topic maintenance, perspective taking, and social motivation, environmental awareness and body readiness, active listening behaviors, gaining attention behaviors, and conversation repair. Learn More
- Starting Pointswas $17.95 Special Price $9.96
A good place to start!
Starting from the premise that no two individuals with ASD are the same. The authors provide a global perspective of how the core characteristics of ASD may appear separately and/or simultaneously, and how they may look in a variety of situations. Each characteristic is then paired with a brief explanation, followed by a series of bulleted interventions. Interventions include strategies and supports that help children on the spectrum who have difficulty with abstract concepts and thoughts, difficulty understanding and regulating their behavior, and much more.Learn More
- Special Considerations for Students with High-Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder: A Guide for School Administratorswas $21.95 Special Price $19.76
Parents: Does your child's prinicipal understand ASD? This can help!
School administrators: Do you understand your students with ASD? This can help!
School administrators play a key role in creating a mind-set of acceptance of learners with special needs and their families within their school district, region, or school. In many instances, a school administrator guides decisions regarding how teachers address behavioral challenges. This book provides school administrators with useful, practical suggestions and strategies that can increase student achievement, engagement, positive behavior, and social skills for high-functioning students on the spectrum; and increase positive interactions between families and school personnel.Learn More
- Simple Strategies That Workwas $21.95 Special Price $12.18
These simple strategies help all kids learn!
Children and youth with high-functioning autism (HFA),and related exceptionalities have great potential. However, all too often their abilities are not realized. Simple Strategies that Work! provides easy-to-implement ideas and suggestions that teachers can use to help a student with HFA and other related conditions on the road to success. The book discusses how teachers can adjust the classroom to meet the needs of an individual with HFA while not interfering with normal classroom routines. Not boggled down with jargon, this book includes tables and boxes for quick reference and clear meaning for HFA-related information.Learn More
- Show Me! A Teacher's Guide to Video Modelingwas $19.95 Special Price $17.96
Winner of the 2018 Teachers' Choice Award!
A step-by-step guide to a fast, effective, and proven strategy – video modeling
With today’s technology (tablets, smartphones, applications), implementing video modeling, an evidence-based practice, is easier than ever! Show Me! A Teacher's Guide to Video Modeling is a comprehensive guide to begin incorporating video modeling into classroom instruction. Case studies, examples, and step-by-step instructions are included in this user-friendly book. This book is meant to inspire readers to think about how they can use video modeling by providing many real-life examples of students who have used and found benefits from watching video to learn social skills, positive behaviors, and academics.Learn More
- Show Me the Datawas $21.95 Special Price $19.76
Make gathering and interpreting data simple and easy!
Data collection is one of the critical elements of an effective, efficient, and accountable program that supports student development and learning. However, many intervention teams struggle to develop reasonable and sustainable methods of gathering information about student performance and progress. Now comes SHOW ME THE DATA! to help teams figure out what to do with the data once they have been collected, samples of completed data sheets and easy-to-use graphs are included as a model for how teams can display their data visually and evaluate the effectiveness of intervention and efficacy of their program and/or intervention.Learn More
- Setting Up Classroom Spaces that Support Students with Autism Spectrum Disorderswas $23.95 Special Price $21.56
A must-have resource for every classroom
With even the best curricula and interventions, students with autism spectrum disorder will not learn unless the classroom environment is organized with their specific needs in mind. This book shows through short descriptions and lots of photos how to determine what type of furniture and materials to choose for various types of classrooms and how to arrange them in a way that creates an effective learning environment while reducing anxiety and preventing behavior difficulties. The authors use evidence-based practices – structure and visual supports – to enhance the well-being and success of students. Examples are given for students across the age span with lots of lists and helpful resources.Learn More
- Rules and Toolswas $29.95 Special Price $26.96
Parents are their child's best teachers!
National Parenting Publications Award Winner!
Step by step, this book will guide parents throughout their journey toward understanding their child and solving challenges and increasing strengths. Parents can use one, some or all of the 119 rules and tools to help their child be successful. Using checklists, forms, and other practical tools, parents can also develop their child’s personal MAP – Master Action Plan to help their child succeed in school!Learn More
- Push to Openwas $20.95 Special Price $18.86
Universal design means that everyone succeeds!
This practical and simple guide offers strategies that help remove common barriers to success for students with autism, while also benefiting many other students in the general education classroom. The book offers a proactive planning guide with RtI and PBIS strategies to help teachers understand some of the most critical characteristics of autism and plan their classroom environment and teaching methods to address sensory, communication, social and instructional issues.Learn More
- Practical Solutions for Stabilizing Students with Classic Autism to Be Ready to Learnwas $21.95 Special Price $19.76
For students with a classic presentation of autism who struggle with regulation.This book is unique because it places importance on offering stabilization strategies that help students with classic autism have a better regulated body. This often enables students to increase their time in school, with most of them working up to full-day participation. This simple-to-use book focuses on two major areas of stabilization found critical for students on the autism spectrum: sensory regulation and visual supports. With proper use of these strategies, the student with classic autism can get to GO! - that is they are regulated and supported.Learn More